Introducing…Adventures of Kola Onifoto
Sometimes when some stories go viral, you feel maybe they are just myth and they won’t happen again.
One chance is a popular slang at almost every motor park in Nigeria. I mean the slang started from there and it entered the streets and when you hear anyone talk about “one chance”, all you think of is either kidnapping or robbery.
The stories of one chance I heard are of taxis and it happened to me some few years back.
This is what they do..
You might get to be the last person to complete the persons traveling and as you drive a little distance, this event will happen..
1. The driver will go to his boot, open it and shout, he will claim he just saw a full bag of money in the boot.
He will come back in the car and start threatening the bag owner to confess where he got the money from or he will take him to the station..
2. One person in the taxi will claim the bag and start begging the driver.
3. The driver will call your attention to it with other passengers in the taxi who are also part of the gang..
4. They will come to a conclusion of sharing the money..
5. They will seek for your own opinion.
6. The driver will suggest he has a money changer but you guys need to contribute a token so as to be able to take it there..
7. They will even open the top of the bag for you to confirm there is pounds in it..
If you get brain washed by all of this things, they will collect all you have and dump you somewhere or even kill you..
The money in the bag are fakes, just the top of it are the real currency, the others are cardboards and cartons..
So what do you do when you start to hear this conversation?
1. You can start to pretend you are sick and tell them you will alight at a popular bus stop or a public place..
2. Do not join in the conversation..
3. Scream if you can if they are not ready to stop you.
One chance is real and it’s all the same routine all over again..